The Construction Learning Gateway is an e-learning method of delivery which enables learners to study for the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) Level 4 Certificate in Site Management regardless of their location or access to delivering organisations or colleges.
It also provides the flexibility to study at a time and pace suitable to circumstances or requirements.
The purpose of the programme is to enable learners to acquire knowledge and understanding by a mode of study that fits in with their work and family commitments.
The programme gives learners the opportunity to develop their workplace supervisory and management skills and knowledge.
Each unit comprises of 30 hours of guided learning. There is no minimum time to complete a unit although it must be completed within 3 months of commencement of study.
Each unit will provide information and knowledge which will enable the learner to build up the units required to complete the programme requirements and to apply this learning in the workplace.
Chartered Institute of Building Level 4 Certificate in Site Management
The programme consists of four of the CIOB Units listed below.
All candidates must complete the Unit on Managing Health, Safety, Welfare and Risk Control at Work unless they hold the SMSTS which is accepted as an exemption. Holders of the SMSTS only need to successfully complete 3 units of their choice for the certificate.
All units are studied on-line. Teaching and learning is by a combination of directed study and set tasks; examinations are not required to achieve this qualification.
Once the Certificate is completed candidates can study a further 8 units to convert it to the Diploma.
Chartered Institute of Building Level 4 Diploma in Site Management
The programme consists of the following units:
1. Project Planning for Construction
2. Project Control & Monitoring for Construction
3. Managing the Quality of Construction Work
4. Managing Health, Safety, Welfare & Risk Control within a Construction Site
5. Managing Dimensional Control on Construction Sites
6. Developing & Managing Self & Construction Personnel
7. Improving Managerial Skills within a Construction Environment
8. Contractual & Legal Responsibilities within a Construction Environment
9. Estimating & Measuring Work within a Construction Environment
10. Managing Sub-contractors within a Construction Environment
11. Managing Building Services within a Construction Environment
12. Managing the Technology of Modern Construction
All units, with the exception of Managing the Dimensional Accuracy of the Work can be studied on line. Managing the Dimensional Accuracy of the Work incorporates a practical aspect which necessitates a two day workshop. Teaching and learning is by a combination of directed study and set tasks; examinations are not required to achieve this qualification.
Support and guidance is provided by a personal tutor through Skype, telephone, email and at the workshop.
Cost is on a unit basis as this will enable modules to be studied for Continued Professional Development (CPD) as well as part of a qualification.
• £195 + VAT per unit of study – this includes access to all learning materials, assessment and certification for the CIOB qualifications.
• £100 one off charge for CIOB Registration payable upon commencement of study.
• £150 + VAT – for the two day workshop – excluding food and accommodation.
Gates MacBain Associates Ltd, Greetwell Place Business Park, Limekiln Way, Greetwell Road, Lincoln LN2 4US Tel: 01522 845222